Spring is here, so it’s the right time to buy the best window squeegee for crystal clear windows. There are many ways to clean windows. But using a window squeegee is one of the most effective ones.
We have researched the market and selected a better product for cleaned windows.
First of all, squeegees and window mops that come with them are made of lint-free materials. Which leave no fluff residue on the surface allowing you to achieve a spotless result. Besides, unlike regular wipes and paper towels, window squeegees come with handles. To offer you a safe reach even to the remotest parts of your windows.
We have selected 6 better window squeegees that are convenient, effective and affordable. Each of them can become an essential helper in your household. As a bonus, we are going to present 2 unique window cleaning technologies that can make your routine even easier and more enjoyable.
Top Window Squeegee in 2019
|Alswell Window Squeegee|
|ITTAHO Window Squeegee||12.2”||12.2”||35.4”||Aluminum and plastic|
|13.7”||15.7”||n/a||Aluminum and plastic|
|OXO Good Grips Squeegee|
|Ettore 65000 Window|
|12”||10”||n/a||Aluminum and plastic|
|Unger CK053 (10 Piece Kit)||8”||8”||6 feet|
|Aluminum telescopic pole|
1. OXO Good Stainless Squeegee – Superb House Window Squeegee and Car Window Squeegee
The Oxo window squeegee might be a good solution for quick clean-ups and small areas. It is compact and low-profile. The blade is only 9.8 inches wide. This squeegee will be effective on small windows, car windows, mirrors, and tiles. Aside from window cleaning, it can be used to eliminate fog on glass and tile surfaces in a bathroom. If you intend to use it particularly for this purpose, you might appreciate a suction-cup holder that can be used to keep the squeegee at hand.
This window squeegee is made of stainless steel and features a durable blade and a rubberized handle for convenient grip.
- 8-inch rubber blade.
- Silicone suction-cup holder.
2. Alswell 3 in 1 – Super Window Cleaning Squeegee with an Extra Long Pole
The Alswell window squeegee is a 3-in-1 tool that can tackle all types of window cleaning jobs. It consists of a rubber squeegee itself and a microfiber scrubber, which can be used together or separately depending on your window cleaning needs.
The squeegee comes with an extension pole that consists of three parts with a total length of 59 inches. A microfiber mop can be tilted in any position within a 180-degree range allowing you to clean curved and sloped surfaces. This window cleaning kit comes with a spray reservoir that attaches to the squeegee so that you can apply water or cleaning solution on your windows and wipe it right away in one simple motion.
- 5-inch squeegee blade.
- 8-inch-wide microfiber scrubber.
- 55-ml spray bottle.
- Three-piece extension pole.
3. Ettore 65000 Professional Kit – Commercial Window Squeegee
The Ettore window cleaning kit consists of a rubber squeegee and a washer with a microfiber mop. With this tool, you can perform two types of window cleaning interchangeably. Both tools can be secured on any of Ettore extension poles, which are sold separately[/su_label]
This squeegee is made of high-quality silicon rubber that fits closely to the glass surface and allows you to achieve a streak-free result. You can also use this squeegee to clean car windows, mirrors, glass furniture and other similar surfaces.
- 12-inch rubber squeegee.
- 10-inch washer with a microfiber sleeve.
4. ITTAHO 3 in 1 Kit – Excellent Window Washing Squeegee with an Extension Pole
This window cleaning kit consists of a rubber squeegee, a microfiber mop, and a retractable pole. This combination offers rather flexible use, allowing you to clean tall windows, glass doors, solar panels and many other hard-to-reach surfaces.
The window squeegee can be used independently or in combination with a microfiber washer. Besides, you can switch the position of a squeegee to clean only with a mop. The tools are attached to an extendable pole, with a maximal length of 35.4 inches. It is quite lightweight and features easy-grip handles for comfortable use.
- 2-inches-wide squeegee.
- 3 ways of use.
- Pole length: 35.4” when retracted, 24.8” when extended.
5. Unger CK053 (10 Piece Kit) – A Versatile Cleaning Kit For Home And Office
This product is not just a squeegee, but a complete window cleaning kit. It consists of a telescoping pole, a cleaning head, a pack of three cleaning pads, three polishing pads, and a sprayer. This is basically all you need for effective streak-free window cleaning. One of the main advantages of this kit is that it cleans with a minimal amount of liquid (water or solution). Therefore, it is safe to use in places where excess water is undesirable.
The cleaning process is rather simple. You just need to fill a sprayer with a solution, disperse it in a moderate amount all over the glass surface and wipe it with a cleaning pad. Afterward, you can go over the surface with a polishing pad for a sparkling result.
- 6-foot aluminum pole.
- 8-inch aluminum cleaning head.
- 6 microfiber pads.
- Sprayer included.
6. MR.SIGA Window Combo – An Extra Large Squeegee for Windows
The Mr. Siga window cleaning kit consists of two tools: a window squeegee and a microfiber washer. Both tools are rather wide and can facilitate large area cleaning with less effort. The good squeegee for windows has a plastic handle and an aluminum clip that holds a rubber blade. Handles on both tools are designed to fit any extension pole, not necessarily the proprietary one.
- 7-inch squeegee blade
- 7-inch microfiber scrubber.
How to Find the Better Window Squeegee? – A Buyer’s Guide
At a first glance, all the best window squeegees are pretty much the same. But if you want to get a perfect one for your windows, you should pay attention to the following choice criteria:
- The width of a rubber blade. You might think that wider squeegees are better, but you always need to keep the size of your windows in mind. While a wide cleaning path is great for large windows, it won’t work on small areas, such as car windows. In that case, a smaller squeegee would be more appropriate.
- Is a washer included? Many squeegees come with microfiber washers to be used either together with a squeegee or separately. Having a washer is a good idea since microfiber absorbs water and prevents it from dripping all over the place as you remove it with a squeegee.
- Length of an extension pole. An extension pole that comes in a kit is always a big plus, especially if you have tall windows. However, you should make sure that the pole is sturdy enough to withstand the pressure, which you will inevitably apply while cleaning the remote parts of your windows.
- Quality of rubber. The quality of the end result largely depends on the quality of rubber used in a squeegee. Naturally, the rubber should be stiff enough to ensure a close connection with a glass surface. On the other hand, it should not be too rough, otherwise, it might scratch your windows.
What is the better squeegee for cleaning windows?
There are many different types of window squeegees and the choice usually depends on your window cleaning needs. For home use, you might want to choose a compact squeegee that is undemanding and easy to keep at hand. Professional window squeegees usually have more durable rubber blades and longer poles and often come with higher price tags.
Other Window Cleaning Tools
- One of them is a vacuum squeegee from Leifheit. It works as a regular squeegee, but a significant difference is that it sucks in moisture instead of just wiping it, thus providing even better-cleaning results.
- Another cool option is a magnetic window cleaner. It consists of two parts, which are held together by a strong magnet that works through the glass. So you can clean both sides of your windows with just one motion. Definitely worth trying!
Conclusions: Top Window Squeegee
Window cleaning can become an enjoyable task with a proper window squeegee. In this article, we have compared the five most popular products on the market to help you choose the top squeegee for window cleaning that will work for you. Or, maybe, you will want to try out some technological tools, such as a vacuum squeegee or a magnetic window cleaner. The choice is yours to make!