Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you purchase through these links.
Most homes have by now shifted to laminate flooring. Because it is economical, stylish, and easy to install and maintain. Best Vacuums for Laminate Floors are not necessarily good when it comes to carpet or rug cleaning.
A vacuum, also known as a sweeper, is a device that uses a centrifugal fan to create a vacuum. To suck up dust, dry dirt, and debris from different surfaces. The dirt is then collected in a disposable dust bag or a built-in container. Vacuuming is one of the easiest ways of cleaning your home.
Vacuums for laminate floors come in different sizes and designs. Some are bagged, others are bagless. Different models have their advantages and disadvantages. Some specialized vacuums have a wet-and-dry cleaning function, which enables them to pick up both dust and liquids.
Not all vacuums are laminate-friendly. Some perform poorly on such a surface; others can even damage it. Obviously, the scrapped laminate is the last thing you want to get as a cleaning outcome. That’s why it is very important to take time to select a better vacuum for your laminate floors.
List of the Top Vacuums for Laminate Floors in 2024
- iRobot Roomba 650 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- BISSELL PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Corded Vacuum, 81L2A
- Hoover Hardwood Floor Cleaner FloorMate Deluxe FH40165
- Bissell 1650A Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum
- Dirt Devil Power Air Stick Vacuum for Hard Floors SD20505
- Shark Rocket TruePet HV322
- Hoover Vacuum Cleaner UH72400
- ECOVACS DEEBOT N79
- Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum
- Tineco A10
Laminate floors require special care and your vacuum must satisfy the requirements. The table below provides a summary of the top vacuums for laminate floors 2024. However, you do not necessarily have to buy a different vacuum to use on other surfaces. Some of these models can be effectively used on rugs, carpets, and ceramic tiles.
|Shark Rocket TruePet
|Hoover Vacuum Cleaner
|Roomba iRobot Vacuum
1. Bissell 1650A Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum: Corded Stick Vacuum for Laminate Floors
Bissell 1650A vacuum uses a smart seal allergen system which helps eliminate bad odors. With this vacuum, you will forget about hair clogs that usually remain on the brush roll. You will also enjoy the new technology that enables hands-free tank emptying. All these features combined make Bissell 1650A a perfect solution for maintaining laminate floors.
- Tangle-free brush roll – pet and human hair do not get wrapped around the brush roll.
- With Smart Seal Allergen System you can get rid of bad odors while vacuuming.
- Suction Channel Technology. BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser has a direct suction path. While other vacuums use suction only on one side of the brush roll, BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser provides powerful edge-to-edge suction that leaves no chances to pet hair and debris.
- Swivel Steering, thanks to which you can easily maneuver around furniture and other obstacles.
- Cyclonic Pet Hair Spooling System. This technology is designed to separate hair from other dirt inside the dust cup, so you can easily empty it without pulling the dirt out manually.
- Specialized innovative tools for laminate floors.
- Febreze Pet Odor Eliminator removes odors and keeps the air fresh while you vacuum.
Bissel Pet Hair Eraser performs excellently not only on laminate and hardwood floors but also on carpets. This is a truly versatile vacuum.
It carries more weight in its upper part than in the lower one. Therefore, the device is somewhat hard to control. It has a relatively long power cord that measures 30 feet, so it is quite portable.
2. iRobot Roomba 650: Cordless Vacuum for Laminate Floors and Pet Hair
This product is designed specifically for laminate floors. Its powerful brushes and super-strong suction eliminate all types of dirt, including pet hair, leaving you with spotless floors. Has seven pre-set modes and is always ready to tackle even the most challenging jobs.
It comes with a self-charging home base, extra batteries, and an AeroVac filter. Performance rating ranges from 9.0 to 9.3 on cleaning, 9.8 on hard floor performance, 9.4 on durability and 10 on ease of operating and programming. Its maneuverability assessment ranges from 6.1 to 8.0. It is very compact and can reach under beds, chairs and most of other furniture.
Robotic vacuums are the most advanced models on the market. They are real time-savers, since they don’t require anyone’s involvement to complete the cleaning.
iRobot Roomba has some special features that make it perfect for laminate floors, including:
- Self-charging base. The vacuum goes to the home base to recharge itself each time the battery gets low.
- AeroVac filter.
- Dual Multi-Surface brushes loosen and pick up dirt from the laminate surface as the vacuum smoothly glides around.
- Auto Virtual Wall. This add-on can be used to keep the robot away from places, where you do not want it to go.
- 3-Stage Cleaning System makes sure to pick up dust, debris, pet hair and any other particles from your laminate floors or carpets.
- Advanced sensors. The robot has sensors that detect dirtier areas to apply more effort to them.
- Auto-scheduled cleaning. You can schedule vacuuming for any convenient time, up to seven times per week.
- Easy control. All you need is to press one button and the robot will start cleaning instantly.
3. BISSELL PowerEdge 81L2A: Super Vacuum for Laminate and Wood Floors
Just as the name suggests, this vacuum is designed for hard floors, including laminate. It is an all-in-one device suitable for laminate and hardwood floors. He made of quality materials with durable and flexible components. Was originally designed to help customers, who have difficulties removing stains from their floors. Beside laminate, it can also be used to clean carpets and rugs. Due to its V-shaped head, this model cannot be used on stairs.
This device has been tested and proven to collect 90% of dust from the surface. It produces strong suction that enables it to pick up dirt in an instant.
Some of the main features that make this model perfect for laminate floors are as follows:
- The innovative suction technology. It comes with a V-shape base that directs larger debris to the center of the device, while the edges capture fine particles.
- You can tilt and swivel it to clean around furniture edges, in corners, underneath the furniture and in other hard-to-reach places.
- All-in-one device. Captures all types of dirt (including pet hair), works perfectly on laminate, hardwood and tile floors. Requires no other attachments.
- Maneuverable and lightweight. You can easily operate it with one hand.
Caution: This device has a relatively weak handle that can break if too much pressure is applied to it, so you should be very careful when handling it.
4. Hoover FloorMate FH40165: Superb Vacuum for Laminate Floors and Carpet
Hoover Hardwood Floor FloorMate is perfect for hardwood, tile, laminate and vinyl floors. It is designed with interchangeable brushes and features a Spin and Scrub technology, which gently removes dirt from all angles. Has a wash and dry mode selector that ensures easy cleaning of laminate floors. Super lightweight and quite portable.
Main features include
- Clean Boost Control. This feature applies more detergent to stubborn stains and heavy traffic areas.
- Dual Tank Technology. Fresh and used water are separated, so you can be sure that only fresh water is put on the floor.
- Wash and Dry Mode Selector. Wash mode enables cleaning and sucking up dirty water, while dry mode collects excess moisture from your floors.
- Spin Scrub Technology provides gentle scrubbing in all angles, leaving your laminate floors sparkling and scratch-free.
- 5-quart capacity tank enables you to clean large areas.
5. Dirt Devil Air Stick SD20505: Good Vacuum for Laminate and Tile Floors
This is a lightweight device for laminate floors that is powerful and is easy to handle. Its 10 Amp motor produces powerful suction that makes vacuuming as effective and enjoyable as it can be.
Its Low Profile Nozzle allows you to get into some tight areas, such as under the furniture, while its flexible head allows you to maneuver around obstacles with ease. It has an automated dirt cup that can be emptied without actually touching it.
Dirt Devil stick vacuum comes in handy when your cleaning tasks become too tough for a broom, but you don’t want to deal with a heavy and bulky device.
Features and Specifications
The main features of Dirt Devil corded vacuum include:
- Motorized brush. It collects dirt and hair from laminate floors, stairs, and upholstery with ease. You can also use it to clean after your pets.
- Crevice tool with a stretch hose helps you get dirt out of tight places. Therefore, you can keep your entire room clean and spotless, even in places that are hidden from the eyes.
Additionally, Dirt Devil Power Air Stick vacuum shows the great results on laminate floors as compared to other stick vacuums. The 11-inch head allows you to clean faster and with fewer motions, so you can effortlessly handle large laminate areas. It can be hanged on the wall for storage and save some space in your closet.
6. Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light HV322: Beautiful Vacuum Cleaner for Laminate Floors
Shark Rocket TruePet vacuum is a versatile handheld cleaning device that can be used on all types of surfaces, including hard floors, carpets, upholstery, stairs, drapes, car interiors, and walls. This model is similar to the Shark Rocket Duoclean HV382 stick vacuum – bagless but has slightly different features. Aside from using this vacuum in a conventional upright manner, you can easily switch to a handheld mode and perform cleaning of above-the-floor surfaces in your house.
The vacuum is rather lightweight and easy to handle. Its swiveling head can smoothly maneuver around furniture, while the wand can be tilted into the almost horizontal position to provide a good reach under most of the furniture. The transition between upright and handheld modes is rather simple. The same can be said about switching of heads.
There are three options available:
- a motorized nozzle for deep carpet cleaning
- a Dust-Away™ nozzle for hard floors
- a motorized mini-brush for tight places (which can also be used in the handheld cleaning mode)
Both the main motorized brush and the handheld vacuum are equipped with powerful LED lights, which can be very useful when cleaning underneath the furniture or in dimly lit areas. Other attachments include an extendable crevice tool and two compact upholstery brushes.
Shark Rocket TruePet is a bagless vacuum cleaner with an enlarged dust cup (as compared to other Rocket models). The cup is equipped with two washable filters. It is transparent, so you can see when it’s full and should be emptied.
This vacuum has two suction speed options – for bare floors and for high-pile carpets. In such a way you can achieve the great cleaning results on all types of surfaces.
7. Hoover WindTunnel UH72400: Dust Mop for Laminate Floors.
Many household owners wonder, what kind of cleaner to use on laminate floors. Hoover Air Steerable WindTunnel vacuum cleaner might be one of the options. This is a conventional upright vacuum with some innovative features, which you can benefit from. One of such features is a WindTunnel technology with three channels that suck in dust and dirt more effectively as compared to vacuums with a single channel. The head is equipped with a rotating brush that picks up particles and directs them towards the sucking channels. Additionally, the vacuum features an enhanced steering technology, which makes it easy to navigate around furniture and other obstacles. The base of the vacuum can be tilted back rather low so that you can reach under a bed, a coffee table or an armchair.
Besides, the bagless design with multiple cyclones guarantees steady suction regardless of how full the dust canister is. Emptying the canister should not cause any problems at all since it detaches easily and pops open with a simple pressing of a button.
Although there are no interchangeable heads for various types of surfaces, this vacuum can still provide a smooth transition between hard floors and carpets. In order to perform deep carpet cleaning, you should turn the brush-roll on and turn it off when moving on to bare floors. So this device can provide a better way to clean laminate flooring and make it shine.
The attachments supplied with this vacuum include an extension hose with a wand, a crevice tool and a miniature brush for upholstery, drapes and other textiles.
8. ECOVACS DEEBOT N79: Wi-Fi Connected Robotic Vacuum
The modern epoch is characterized by rapid and intensive development of robotic technologies. Machines send our mails and show us the way; they cook for us and clean everything we wish, not excluding floors and carpets. Robotic vacuum cleaners are among the most desirable inventions of nowadays, which inspires the manufacturers for further innovations. A range of those is present in the model under review.
Needless to say that the probability of bumping into furniture or walls and falling down the stairs is minimal if any. This is possible due to a special system referred to as anti-collision and drop sensor protection. In addition to soft protective bumpers for additional durability, it includes sensors able to prevent occasions of such a kind.
Actually, everything in this vacuum is targeted at non-stop and maximally productive cleaning. The battery is not an exception: its power is enough for a hundred minutes; then, it enables quiet but still effective work. Its additional function is air filtration, which makes the device environmentally friendly.
First off, as evident from the title, the given cleaner has a possibility of Wi-Fi connection, in particular, to a smart phone. That enables awareness as well as control over numerous aspects and functions, namely:
- Scheduling and tracking cleaning sessions
- Monitoring accessory status
- Screening battery life
- Momentary receipt of error alerts
The manufacturer proclaims this function compatible with both Android and iOS, but it is likely to conflict with some applications, for example, Alexa. Another essential factor is Wi-Fi frequency that should equal 2.4 GHz. Provided, all the above, you will have a chance to be always aware of how your cleaning is going.
Another technology used in the given vacuum is Smart Motion. It lies in adjustability to a room of whatever size and shape through the unique cleaning path. The latter enables three modes of cleaning most suitable for this or that surfaces as well as amounts of dirt. Additional flexibility derives from various attachments, in particular, a set of dual side brushes and a turbinated brush roll. Thanks to those, the machine does not only show capacity for self-adaptation to any kind of floor but cleans it efficiently as well.
The standard shipping includes all the accessories you may need. Besides the vacuum itself and the docking station, you are going to receive:
- Remote control with batteries inside
- Two high efficiency filters
- Two sponge filters
- Side brushes
- Instruction manual
Moreover, the manufacturer provides consistent customer support and a one-year warranty for the device along with all attachments.
9. Roomba 960 iRobot Vacuum: Complete automatization of cleaning
It is an open secret that robotic technologies have already penetrated most spheres of human life. Via a smartphone, we can check mail, call a taxi, make an appointment at a doctor’s or anywhere else, order in, control the diet as well as physical activity… In addition, from now on, it is possible for whoever to use a smartphone for cleaning. That does not mean a cell itself, of course, but a specific application for connecting with a robotic vacuum cleaner – for instance, the one under review.
- Until now, the major problem of similar software has lied in poor compatibility with some voice services, primarily, Amazon Alexa. In the given model, that drawback has been eliminated. Iit works with Alexa brilliantly, as well as with Google Assistant. Thus and so, control over your cleaning device by means of voice is not a problem anymore.
- Another disadvantage of previous robotic vacuums was a probability of bumping, tumbling, and falling. Having considered that, modern manufacturers are investing more and more in navigation upgrade. As a result, newest machines, not excluding this one, bear a system of sensors able to detect such objects as furniture, walls, doors, drop-offs, and stairs, for immediate route changing.
Features and additional accessories
It is obvious that such a powerful system consumes much electricity. Therefore, battery performance of the given vacuum is somewhat lower as compared to an average machine, namely, seventy-five minutes. That determines the need for recharging halfway the process, which may be unacceptable in case cleaning is urgent. Another feature that shortens battery life considerably is improved suction power. AeroForce technology loosens and lifts dirt up to five times more productively than it has ever been possible in the course of history. As for pet hair that appears to be another non-negligible trouble in robotic vacuuming, it is easy to get rid or with unique tangle-free brushes.
For most productive performance, the complement shipped to the customer includes a virtual wall with batteries inside that enables limiting the cleaning area. All filters and brushes are included as well, along with the docking station. For everything, the manufacturer provides a warranty. However, there are no exact data on the terms.
10. Tineco A10: A Cordless Handheld Vacuum for Laminate Floors
Laminate floors are probably one of the easiest surfaces to clean. However, you are going to need a reliable and powerful device that will allow you to navigate around furniture and switch between different surfaces easily. The Tineco A10 is one of such devices. This is a handheld vacuum that comes with a floor attachment that works on all kinds of surfaces, including laminate. It is cordless and provides the ultimate maneuverability. Charging time is 3.5 hours. The unit runs on a battery that allows for about 15 minutes of continuous cleaning. By adding another battery you can prolong the time up to 25 minutes.
The device is rather lightweight and easy to operate. An ergonomic handle features a trigger that enables continuous operation. Vacuuming laminate floors is not the only job this device is good for. It also has attachments for above-the-floor surfaces. The vacuum is supplied with a docking station for convenient storage.
- Cordless design.
- 110-Watt suction power.
- 4 attachments for various cleaning jobs.
- Weighs 2.87 pounds.
- Operation time: up to 25 minutes.
Top Vacuum for Laminate Floors – Buyer’s Guide
Purchasing the best vacuum for laminate floors can be quite challenging. Especially when you don’t know what to look for. Laminate floors are rather delicate. Therefore, you need a device that will serve you well in keeping your floors clean and scratch-free.
When you plan on buying a vacuum for your laminate floors, you should consider several important things. Below you can find a list of key aspects to pay attention to.
- Budget. Before buying a vacuum cleaner for your laminate floors, think about how much money you are willing to spend on it. Note, that expensive not necessarily means great.
- Better vacuum cleaner for laminate floors is a lightweight one. Such a vacuum is easy to move around and, most importantly, is less likely to scratch your floors.
- Central vacuum cleaners. They are easy to maneuver since they don’t have a vacuum body. However, they are expensive and require professional installation services.
- Corded versus cordless. Cordless vacuums can be preferable, since you don’t have to worry about the availability of outlets and nothing drags behind your vacuum, messing up your work. On the downside, cordless vacuums are quite expensive and usually have rather limited operation time.
- Versatility. Transitioning from laminate floors to carpets can be hard if the cleaner doesn’t do it automatically. Look for vacuums with various cleaning modes for an easier transition.
- Noise. Silent or low noise vacuums are the most preferable. Some of the vacuum cleaners produce a lot of noise, especially when used on laminate floors.
- Length of the cord. They usually vary from 16 to 30 feet. Long cords make cleaning process easier. You don’t have to use an extension cord or change outlets while doing the job.
- Bulkiness. Your vacuum should be easy to store. A device that takes up too much room is only good for large houses.
- Type of vacuum. Different vacuums are used for different purposes. In order to save money, you can buy a two-in-one vacuum that can take care not only of laminate floors, but also carpets, kitchen tops, bathroom tiles, curtains, stairs, etc.
- Buy a cylinder steam vacuum for your laminate floors if you are looking for a relatively cheap and light model. They also serve longer and require less frequent refilling.
- Maneuverability. If you have a lot of furniture in your house, you will need a maneuverable device. Some vacuums are relatively heavy, so think twice before buying one of those, especially if you have lots of stairs in your house. The top vacuum for laminate floors is a lightweight and maneuverable one.
- Safety. Just like any other tool or equipment, laminate floor vacuums also might have safety issues. So you should use them with due care.
- Ability to clean hard surfaces and sticky dirt. A good vacuum should be able to remove even the greasiest dirt from your laminate floors.
- Accessories. Depending on your cleaning needs, choose a vacuum that has all necessary accessories (for instance, a microfiber pad for gentle cleaning of laminate floors).
- Bagged or Bagless. Vacuum cleaners can be either bagged or bagless. Bagged vacuums are good but expensive to maintain. Bagless ones are more convenient. Carefully consider these two options before opting for any.
- Quality. Look for a sturdy device with strong handles, durable fixtures, and seamless joints.
- Do the research. Different retailers work with different brands. Prices can also vary from store to store. Check out several options before settling on any.
- It is always better to choose a laminate floor vacuum that is also suitable for other surfaces. Vacuums that can do more than just washing/cleaning are always better. Choose the one that comes with different types of brushes to save time on sweeping your floors.
Today we can enjoy the widest range of vacuum cleaners for laminate floors on the market. Newer, more innovative models are being introduced every year to make our cleaning routine easier. In the future, we can expect much better vacuums for different types of surfaces, including laminate and hardwood.
Hopefully, this guide and review will help you choose a vacuum for your laminate floors.