Most homes have now shifted to wood flooring because they are economical and easy to install as well as maintain. Best Vacuum for Laminate Floors are not necessarily the best when it comes to carpet or rug cleaning. A vacuum cleaner, also known as a sweeper is a device that uses a centrifugal air pump to clean dust, dried up dirt usually on floors and other surfaces. The dirt is thereby collected in a separate o attached dirt bag to be disposed of later. Vacuum cleaning is one of the easiest ways of cleaning you home especially carpets as well as hard floors.
Vacuum cleaners for laminate floors come in different sizes and designs. Some are bagged others bagless. They all come with advantages and disadvantages. Some specialized vacuums can be used to suck up both dust and liquid.
Not all vacuum cleaners are ideal for laminate floors. Some can come to damage your floors or even leave dust. The last thing you obviously want is a scrapped floor. That why it’s very important to carefully select the best vacuum for your home cleaning surfaces, for instance, laminate floors.
List of the Best Vacuums for Laminate Floors 2017
- iRobot Roomba 650 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- BISSELL PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Corded Vacuum, 81L2A
- Hoover Hardwood Floor Cleaner FloorMate Deluxe FH40165
- Bissell 1650A Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum
- Dirt Devil Power Air Stick Vacuum for Hard Floors SD20505
Laminate floors require specialized vacuums for a perfect output. The list (and table) below provides analysis of the best vacuum for laminate floors 2017. This is not to mean that you will need to buy other vacuums for the other surfaces. These too can be used for the rug, carpets, and bare floors cleaning.
|Brand & |
1. iRobot Roomba 650 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner: Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for Laminate Floors and Pet Hair
This product is perfect and specially designed with powerful brushes and suction for a super clean laminate floor. It was originally designed for pet hair cleaning. Comes with a preset option for up to seven preset commands and is able to act immediately when cleaning.
It’s packaged with a self-charging base, extra batteries, and AeroVac filter. Its performance ranges between 9.0 to 9.3 on cleaning, 9.8 on hard floors, 9.4 on durability levels and 10 on ease of operating as well as programming. Its maneuverability performance ranges between 6.1- 8.0. It can fit under bed, chairs and most furniture.
What makes this machine ideal for laminate floors is its Special features which include,
- Self-charging base- the charging system is automated in such a way that it can go to the charging area once the battery is low.
- AeroVac filter has brushes on it for loosening dirt which is thereby picked by the suction.
- An auto virtual wall – this is used for setting off limit areas. Where you don’t want the robot to go.
- 3 Stage Cleaning System. The robot is designed in that it can pick debris, pet hair and any other dirt that has been left behind while cleaning.
- Advanced sensors- the robot has sensors that are able to detect dirtier areas and apply more force to them.
- Auto-scheduled cleaning. One can schedule cleaning at whatever intervals at ease.
- Push button control- unlike many vacuum cleaners, the robot has a big button that doesn’t require many settings to clean.
If you are looking for a time-saving cleaner, iRobot Roomba 650 is the way to go. Although it’s expensive than other similar models, its works perfectly well on laminate floors and is cheaper than models such as 700,800 and 900 series. Highly recommended for pet owners.
2. BISSELL PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Corded Vacuum, 81L2A: Best Vacuum for Laminate Wood Floors
Just as the name suggests, this vacuum is ideal for shiny, clean hard floors cleaning. It’s an all in one device for laminate floors. It is made of quality materials with durable, flexible components. It was originally designed for customers who have issues/ difficulties in removing stains from their floors. It’s ideal for floors cleaning, carpet, and rugs. Due to its V shape, the model cannot be used on stairs.
This device comes with an automatic height and control settings. The height feature enables the device to adjust itself according to the room it’s placed.
Some of the main features which work to ensure that this model is best for laminate floors are:
- The innovative suction technology. It comes with a V shape that directs debris to the center of the device for easier suction.
- Ability to tilt it so that it can be used against furniture edges and underneath the furniture.
- All in one device– apart from picking pet hair, Bissell power edge vacuum works on all the dirt that it encounters on the floor.
- Stick vacuum cleaner. This allows the user to twist the device in whatever direction you want it to go since you have the control on your hands.
It is best in the home and other industrial cleaning activities as it is capable of providing different sorts of tasks. This device has a relatively weak handle that can break once used for a long time or pressure is applied to it that means that the user ought to be careful when handling it. Get it. It’s worth every coin. Cheap and effective
3. Hoover Hardwood Floor FloorMate Foldable Deluxe FH40165: Best Vacuum for Laminate Floors and Carpet
Hoover is ideal for hardwood, ceramic tile, laminate and marble floor. It’s designed with interchangeable brushes, spin feature technology as well as scrub technology to help scrub from all angles. It has controls such as wash and the dry selector which makes cleaning for laminate floors easy. Its light weight makes it quite portable. It’s able to transition from hard floors to carpet with ease.
Main features include
- Clean boost control. This feature applies more detergent on a stubborn stain and heavy traffic areas.
- Dual tank technology. These two separates clean water and dirty water. You are therefore assured of clean water washing.
- Wash and dry mode selector. The device is able to wash and suction dirt water at the same time.
- Spin Scrub technology – ensures that cleaning happens in all angles with the aid of the counter rotating brush.
- 5-quart capacity tank for large cleaning area without frequent refills.
4. Bissell 1650A Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum: Best Corded Stick Vacuum for Laminate Floors
It’s the perfect way of getting rid of hair wrap that usually remains on the brush roll. Bissell 1650 vacuum uses smart seal allergen system which helps in eliminating bad odors from your cleaning area. The user also gets to enjoy hands-free tank empty using the new technology on it which makes it ideal for laminate floors.
This machine has the following features:
- Tangle – free brush roll – helps in removing hair wrap from the vacuum.
- Smart seal Allergen system. –removes bad odor while cleaning.
- Suction Channel Technology – BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser comes with a direct suction path. This is the best comparing to the vacuums that use suction on one side of the brush roll, BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser comes with a direct suction path. This gives it a powerful edge to edge suction, therefore, picking up all pet hair as well as debris.
- Swivel Steering – this gives the device easy maneuver around your cleaning area.
- The device has a Cyclonic Pet Hair Spooling System. This is designed to separate human and pet hair from the other dirt
- Specialized innovative tools that help clean your laminate floor well.
- Febreze Pet Odor Eliminator filters and removes odors and freshens your home when vacuuming.
This model retails at more than 200$ which is quite expensive. They are never on sale. It carries more weight in its top area than the lower side. This, therefore, makes it hard to control. It has a relatively long power cord, measuring at 30 feet makes it quite portable.
5. Dirt Devil Power Air Stick Vacuum for Hard Floors SD20505: Best Vacuum for Laminate and Tile Floors
This is a light weight vacuum that can clean your laminate floors and is easy to store especially in tight places. It comes with a very powerful suction power and a 10 Amp motor to help the user to move from one room to the other with ease.
Its low profile nozzle allows you to have a thorough cleaning on areas such as beneath the furniture with the aid of its maneuverable head. It gives you more advantage since it doesn’t require any bags to clean up contents. It has an automated dirt cup that can empty the bin without any aid.
Dirt Devil hand vacuum cleaner comes in handy when your cleaning activities turn tough for broom either in the interiors alongside in your cars for either cleaning pets hair or other hard dirt that are hard to clean.
Main features of Dirt Devil corded vacuum cleaner include Motorized brush which is perfect for collecting dirt hair as dirt from laminate floors, stairs, and upholstery as well as car interiors. This is beat effective device for you to use in case you need to clean your pet alongside cushion cover.
Additionally, Dirt Devil SD20505 vacuum is the most powerful when it comes to laminate floor cleaning among all stick vacuums. The 11-inch head span allows you to a faster and easy cleaning time. This means that you are able to cover quite a big surface. It can be hanged on the walls to save space therefore ideal for households with limited storage space.
This model has the largest dust cup compared to the rest. The extension wand captures dirt and debris effectively since it can be adjusted to either high or low. It’s ideal for cleaning ceilings, ceiling fan, baseboards and does not strain your back. The crevice tool main function is to remove dirt and debris from the nooks and crannies.
Best Vacuum for Laminate Floors – Buyer’s Guide
It can be quite challenging to purchase a vacuum cleaner for you laminate floors especially when you don’t know what to look out for. Laminate floors are delicate and expensive to install. You hereby need a vacuum cleaner that will serve you well and keep your floor always clean and shiny.
When planning to buy a vacuum cleaner for your laminate floors, there are several things that you need to consider. Below you can find out some of the key aspects to look out for to ensure your floor remains unmarked.
- Price – what’s your budget. Before buying a vacuum cleaner, consider how much money you want to spend on it. Note that not all expensive models are good.
- The ideal vacuum cleaner for laminate floors should be light weight. These are easy to use especially where you are moving from one room to the other.
- Central vacuum cleaners – They are easy to carry around because they don’t have a vacuum body. They are expensive and require professional services to install.
- Corded versus cordless. Cordless is the best bet. No cables running all over your cleaning area. And are easy to store. Their only disadvantage is that they are expensive.
- Maneuverability – switching from hard floors to shag carpet can be hard if the cleaner doesn’t switch automatically. Look out for vacuum cleaners with tools for easier switching.
- Noise – silent or low noise machines are the best. Some of the vacuum cleaners produce a lot of noise when transitioning from carpet to hard floor.
- The size of the cord. The length of the cord is essential to be considered. Long cords ease the cleaning process. You don’t have to but extensions or plug and unplug while cleaning.
- Bulkiness: best cleaner should be easy to store. A vacuum that will require large storage unit is only ideal for households with large spaces.
- Type of vacuum; different Vacs are used for different purposes. For instance buy a two in one vacuum if you want to clean kitchen tops, bathroom tiles, curtains and the corridors.
- Buy a cylinder steam cleaner if you are looking for a relatively cheaper and lighter mop. They also run longer and require less filling.
- Flexibility- ability to move the vacuum around. Some vacuum is relatively heavy. Best vacuum for laminate floors should be light and at least detachable.
Equipment and final words
- Safety – like any other tool or equipment, laminate floor vacuums also come with safety issues. Take great care when using them
- Ability to clean hard surfaces and sticky dirt. – A good vacuum should be able to clean even the greasiest dirt around your home.
- Accessories: depending on your cleaning needs, settle for a vacuum cleaner that has all accessories for cleaning your home.
- Bag or Bagless: vacuum cleaners come either bagged or bagless. Bagged vacuums are good but expensive where you need to change the bag often. Bagless is convenient. Consider these two options before buying any.
- Quality – look out for solid Vacs with strong handles easy to put together.
- Consider the length of the power cord – power cable varies from 16 to 30 ft. it’s also quite important to look at the length of the cord before purchasing the steam mop. As much as it might appear as a less strong point, cleaning can be very cumbersome where you have to plug and unplug as you go about cleaning large areas.
- Do research – different outlets carry different brands. Check out several options before settling on any.
- It is important to go for a laminate floor vacuum that can multitask. Vacuums that can do more than just washing/ cleaning are always the best. Choose one that can vacuum, sweep or able to pick up debris. That way you don’t need to sweep the floor before cleaning.
Over the years more innovative cleaning vacuums have been released to the market. They come to make the consumers cleaning tasks easy. Much better laminate floors vacuums are all we can expect in the future. This guide and the review comes in handy to help you choose the best vacuum for your laminate floors.