A steam mop is one of the newest products that uses steam to clean. Very important to choose one of the Best Steam Mop for Laminate Floors in 2017, that would suitable for you cleaning needs. It is one of the most vital tools to have around your house especially if you want a shiny clean floor or if your floors are hard. Steam mops are ideal for cleaning tiles, carpet, hard floors, stairs etc. They use steam to disinfect the floors, unlike the usual cleaning detergents or bleach. Though at times they can use cleaning solutions. Most of them come with a small water tank and can also provide dry steam. Their Different functionalities and modifications that lead to
Though at times they can use cleaning solutions. Most of them come with a small water tank and can also provide dry steam. Their Different functionalities and modifications that lead to effective as well as simple cleaning activities.
List of the Best Steam Mops for Laminate Floors 2017
- Bissell 1940 PowerFresh Steam Mop
- Sienna Luna Plus SSM-3016 Steam Mop
- Hoover Hardwood Floor Cleaner FloorMate Deluxe FH40165
- BISSELL CrossWave Multi-Surface Wet Dry Vacuum, 1785A
- Shark Professional Steam Pocket Mop (S3601D)
Below is a deep analysis of the best steam cleaner for laminate floors.
|Brand & Model||Dry Time||Capacity||Temperature||Water Filter|
|Bissell 1940 Power Fresh|
|Sienna Luna Plus SSM-3016||Minutes||450 ml||100°c||Yes|
|Hoover Hardwood Cl. FH40165|
|BISSEL CrossWave 1785A||Seconds||828 ml||100°c||Yes|
|Shark Professional S3601D||Seconds||500 ml||100°C||Yes|
1. Bissell 1940 PowerFresh Steam Mop Hard Floor Steam Cleaner: Best Steam Mop for Laminate Wood Floors
- a mop
- one soft microfiber cleaning pad
- one scrubber and
- two discs
It is one of the simplest steam cleaners to use. Armed with the handy, flip-down Easy Scrubber, you can thoroughly clean tough messes and even grout and crevices. It lets you experience whole-room freshness with the Spring Breeze fragrance discs.
The water tank is easy to remove and fill at the sink for added convenience.it can also clean sticky spots two times better and faster than other models.
Recommendations to use
Its scrubber is ideal for cleaning a hard floor, sticky or even dried dirt easily. It can sanitize floors making it ideal for families with children. Bissell 1940 mop provides you with quality end results as you performs you cleaning task easily and effectively. It is recommended for you to use filtered water so as to prevent your cleaner from blocking problems. Prominent companies such as housekeeping, that commonly use this product, has steadily approved its good quality.
It doesn’t require cleaning solutions and fragrances because it has a disk that releases fresh scents
2. Sienna Luna Plus SSM-3016 Steam Cleaning System: Best Steam Mop for Laminate and Carpet
- carpet glider kit
- two washable Eco Microfiber cleaning pads
- a custom fill cup
- twelve piece accessory kit and a storage bag with a cleaning steaming head
- window squeegee
- eco-microfiber pad
- four nylon brushes
- two brass brushes
- concentrator nozzle
- extension hose
- A shoulder strap
It also has 3 levels of adjustable control that can illuminate using the LED Light source. The sonic effect helps in loosening dirt while the micro pulse vibration makes it easy for the equipment to move through the surfaces.
The illuminating LED power bulb helps you clean with ease even in dark place and also at night.
Recommendations to use
You can use Sienna Steam mop easily as it doesn’t require any special skills for you to handle it. Additionally, you handle your job perfectly due to its sturdy model. It has received positive recommendations from the users and also has been ranked at position 18 in the Amazon best-steaming mops.
3. Hoover Hardwood Floor Cleaner Deluxe FH40165: Best Steam Mop for Laminate Flooring
- clean boost control
- spin scrub brushes
- Dual tank technology
It’s ideal for scrubbing dry sealed hardwood, tiles and marble floors.
Therefore, you perform consistent cleaning without having destructions of refilling the tank.It is a dual tank that stores dirty and clean water separately. It can allow you to choose either dry or wash mode for your cleaning purposes. The clean boost control is used for adding more detergent to the surface if it’s sticky or very dirty.
Hoover hardwood mop is among the best and most common mopping machines. It offers you different benefits such as a detachable tank, hence you do not need to keep on refilling, you can use tap water, has a 360 reaching mop head, therefore, reaching different areas that are hard to reach. This mop is fit for everyone as you don’t require to use detergents hence you can use water Steam even if you are allergic to detergents as well it is simple to use. This mop provides quality results in your cleaning activities.
In addition, this model enjoys a huge number of rating from its consumers across all online shopping outlets. It is relatively cheaper at $100 (in summer 2017).
And, some words. Due to its adjustable heat system, it is fit for you to clean different surfaces without the occurrence of potential risks arising from excessive or less heat. You can reach larger surface while cleaning due to its 6m long cable and large mop head.
4. BISSELL CrossWave Multi-Surface Wet Dry Vacuum, 1785A: Best Steam Mop for Laminate and Tile Floors
This model is ideal for bare floors. Its multi-surfaced machine is able to clean all sealed hard floors as well as area rugs. This model has two tanks which help store dirty water separately from clean water ensuring that you are always cleaning with fresh water. It has a smart touch control button right on the handle. This device helps you to switch between cleaning hard floors and rugs easily.
It also has a demand solution trigger to control how you spend your solution. This turns out to be a solution saving tip.
Its major accessories include:
- dual action brush roll
- two tank system
- smart clean fingertip clean controls,
- Swivel steering
Bissell cross wave multi- surfaced wet dry vacuum cleaner is best for you in home activities and as well not suitable for cleaning very large areas as it is tiresome for you to keep holding as it lacks hanging strips to hang at your shoulders.
And. also some words about features. Handheld mechanism to convert from its upright position. You only need to flip on the switch. It can perform other cleaning activities such as spot cleaning of toys, cleaning door knobs and window sills. This model has a swivel steering which enables you to move around the floors easily
In addition, it is best in the home and other industrial cleaning activities as it is capable of providing different sorts of tasks.
5. Shark Professional Steam Pocket Mop (S3601D): Best Suitable Steam Mop for Laminate
Shark Professional Steam Pocket mop has the ability to perform different domestic tasks and not fit for industrial activities. It is fitted with a sizeable electric cable to help you navigate in your cleaning activities without having to add additional cord extensions.
While you performing your activities, you should be cautious while dealing with all sorts of tools, likewise, you should exercise cautiousness while using this mop as on high heat when cautious, you might lead to a weakening of the glue between the floor laminations.
With a pocket mop, you are capable to clean all sorts of dirt that hide in rare reaching crevices. This enables to effectively perform your cleaning activities where it leaves your surface free from germs. Additionally, shark cleaner dries your wet surfaces quicker thereby leaving you with the flexibility you crave.
The shark mob is best in saving your time as well makes your cleaning task enjoyable due to its simple using technics. The steps are clearly defined for you to follow while assembling; no special skills needed. You do not need to use detergents as the jetting steam pressure eradicates 99% on your surface. Shark Professional Steam Pocket Mop is fit for all home cleaning activities.
Best Steam Mop for Laminate Floors – Buyer’s Guide
Before buying any steam cleaner, it’s important to consider the following;
- Do research – different outlets carry different brands. Check out several options before settling on any. And remember not all steam mops are safe for laminate wood floors!
- It is important to go for a steam mop that can multitask. Steam mops that can do more than just washing/ cleaning are always the best. Choose one that can vacuum, sweep or able to pick up debris. That way you don’t need to sweep the floor before cleaning.
- You’re cleaning need. This is the first decision you need to make. What exactly do you need the mop for? Is it cleaning the carpets, hard floors, tiles etc. this will help you decide which mop you will go for.
- Type of mop; different mops are used for different purposes. For instance buy a two in one steam mop if you want to clean kitchen tops, bathroom tiles, curtains and the corridors. Buy a cylinder steam cleaner if you are looking for a relatively cheaper and lighter mop. They also run longer and require less filling.
- Flexibility– ability to move the mop around. Some steam mops are relatively heavy. Best mops to use should be light and at least detachable.
- Safety – like any other tool or equipment, steam mops also come with safety issues. Take great care when using them since the steam can damage the skin.
- Ability to clean hard surfaces and sticky dirt. – A good mop should be able to clean even the greasiest dirt around your home.
- Quality – look out for solid mops with strong handles easy to put together.
- Consider the length of the power cord – power cable varies from 16 to 30 ft. it’s also quite important to look at the length of the cord before purchasing the steam mop. As much as it might appear as a less strong point, cleaning can be very cumbersome where you have to plug and unplug as you go about cleaning large areas.
- Availability of a standing tray or commonly known as cooling mat Go for steam mops that have a standing tray. This protects your floor from getting damaged by the equipment. The best steam mops come with this accessory. This ensures that the mop has space/ place to cool down or heat up. They also serve as a place to hold dripping water.
- Consider a Stand-up mop. Mops come in different designs. The best ones are those with a stand-up holder or able stand-alone uprightly. Cleaning is one of the duties that tend to be tiring. Bending over makes it more tiring. Get a mop that you can use while standing up.
- Ability to heat up faster. Some mops take a while to heat up, say more than 20 seconds. Go for a mop that can heat very fast. It’s all about saving time.
- Carpet glider. This is An attachment for using the mop on the carpet. This is handy for refreshing carpet and removing light soiling, but for heavy soiling or stains, you’ll probably need a heavy-duty steam cleaner (and/or carpet shampoo)
Since 2004 when steam mops hit the market, different designs have been made and we can only expect more. Some of newest steam mops include Morphy Richards Luna plus 15 in 1 steam cleaner which has the ability to perform 15 different activities effortlessly and has adjustable heat settings, high, medium as well as low.
Some of the key features to expect in future include robotic designed cleaning mops, environmentally friendly designs, energy efficiency models etc.
Lastly, before buying any steam cleaner it’s quite critical to consider all the above key considerations. As always, watch out for annual sales and promotions. They present a cheaper way of owning a steam cleaner for shiny surfaces. If you don’t own any, there are so many choices you can choose from, so hurry and grab one. They make cleaning a totally new easy experience.